Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Dancing with Daddy

Here is an awesome way to bond with your daughter. Dance with her. Don't wait until her wedding day and your future son in law cuts in after you dance with her to the song,"Daddy's Little Girl". Take the chance to dance with her every time you can. Now don't get me wrong, you will never see me compete on Dancing with the Stars. I'm no Fred Astaire, Breana is still young enough that she will not be embarrassed by dancing with a dad who obviously doesn't have a clue about what he's doing. I can't even sing and clap at the same time. I can either sing (not well), or I can clap, but not both. I don't have rhythm, but I've got a little girl! Who could ask for anything more?
We had an especially good time dancing to Salsa music. We jumped, we twirled, we stamped our feet, and we dipped. It didn't matter that I looked ridiculous, I was enjoying my time with my daughter, We had so much fun. so if you and your daughter are a little more reserved, then dance with her in the privacy of your own home. If you don't know how to dance, let her teach you. You two will have a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment