Thursday, May 31, 2012

What "Treating A Low On The Go, Go-To Snack" Do You Currently Have On Your Person?


I always have food on my person. No matter how small the bag or where I am, I ALWAYS have food on me.
Does it get to be cumbersome at times? YES indeed it does.
Do I bitch about it?? Yes indeed I do bitch out loud about my backpack being a mini CVS from time to time.

But if I didn't carry around so much crap (food, testing supplies, insulin, spare infusion sets, etc.,) I wouldn't be able to live an independent life, so I tend to get over the occasional grumpiness in that area pretty quickly.
Currently, there's an emergency granola bar and about a half used roll of glucose tabs (Mixed Fruit flavor) in my backpack. And then of course there's my lunch, which consists of Peach Greek Yogurt and two small apples and 4 cheesesticks sitting in the fridge at work.

Sidebar: Today's lunch (and backup food) is especially healthy because I'm going out to dinner with friends tonight for dinner - And that meal won't be so healthy - But I digress!

Now I tend to mix up my "on the go emergency snacks to treat a low" just so I won't get sick of them. Sometimes I carry Larabars, other times I carry the Trader Joe's Fruit Skins, and from time to time I've been known to carry Starbursts.
So my question to you dear Diabetesalicious reader is this: So what current on the go snack to treat a low do you have on or near your person? And do you change up your emergency travel time low treats just for shits & giggles or do you stick to the same thing??

No comments:

Post a Comment