Thursday, August 23, 2012

Realize And Be Thankful For What You Have

                                              
I am in a pretty good spot in life. I have all of my basic human needs taken care of, in spades. I want for nothing that a human really needs. I also, truly, don’t really want for many Earthly possessions. I have a fine home, cars that work, food to eat, and a family that I love (and loves me back). I’m not really sure what I could need more. Outside of loving to eat out, I’m not one to splurge on things.
I think you have to let yourself accept these facts. Maybe you don’t have everything you need, many people do suffer for sure. This is not about them. They have their own challenges they have to deal with and I wish them nothing but the best. But if you are not, truly suffering, than perhaps you just need to force yourself to take a deep breath, step back, and understand how lucky you really are. I try to do this more regularly, to really understand and be thankful for what God has given me.
When I feel like I am going to get angry at the kids, I try my best not to (this is not always a winning proposition, but I digress). When I am annoyed at my Ex, I try my best to get over it (again, not always a winner). I don’t care that the neighbor got a new BMW, but rather, I am quite happy for him…he works his butt off and is a good man. I do not begrudge anyone anything that they have worked for and gotten (outside of immoral or illegal means, of course), who am I to do that? I have no desire to.
I think today there are many people that just have so much that they forget that none of this is a right, none of this is guaranteed. It could all be taken away at a moment’s notice. Enjoy your days, enjoy your family, enjoy your lives. Don’t worry about what others may have and what other things you may want. Hopefully it will come in time. If it does not, what can you do? That’s life. No, I am not saying this in a condescending or somber tone…I am quite happy actually. I just wanted to put that out there. There’s a lot to be happy for. You just need to stop and smell the roses as many times as you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment