Thursday, December 9, 2010

My Sexy Daughter

My teen daughter is a good girl. She gets good grades, participates in church events, helps around the house when I ask her (er… make that, she helps around the house when I give her gas money for her car!)
So when one of the Hot Moms asked at the Hot Dads blog why it's okay for men to check out sexy woman, yet not let their daughters wear what they want, because isn’t that a double standard? – I reacted!

My daughter is a girl, not a woman. When girls like Miley Cyrus pose nude in bed, with messed up hair that makes her look like she just had sex, I’m disappointed. Fifteen is too young for displays like that. I don’t want my daughter being sexy just yet.

But as a single dad on the dating scene, I have to admit, I do like me a sexy woman. Someone smart, caring, kind, attractive, and compassionate too. There’s more to a person than their looks and sex appeal. But sexy is definitely an element that turns my head.

I don’t see a double standard in that. Girls are not women. And while my daughter is beautiful, she’s not sexy.

Yet!!

As a dad, I hope my daughter meets a great guy some day. I hope she settles down, gets married, has kids, etc. And I assume for her to attract a great guy, she will at some point have to be sexy. Just as he’ll have to be a stud. (And he’ll be smart, caring, kind, etc. – whatever she’s looking for in a man.)

How will I feel when my daughter turns on the sexiness? I certainly won’t start calling her hot. No creepy dad thoughts or remarks from me.

But I do hope she embraces every aspect of being a woman. And part of that femininity is being sexy.

Now then, where’s the Hot Daughters blog… just kidding!!
Mobile Blogging from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment