Saturday, July 9, 2011

Wait…who is following me??

I recently went to FriendOrFollow.com to see if I should be cleaning out my “Twitter box” (wait…that doesn’t sound right) by seeing who I was following that wasn’t following me back. I then, out of curiosity, went to see who was following me and noticed that I could differentiate between those who were verified and/or protected and who weren’t.

What I noticed was that there were a few verified people actually following me, and I found it quite interesting. So here are some of the folks (that I find intriguing) who are following me…

The Fat Boys. This was the one that was the most surprising to me, and in a good way. Y’see, I grew up in an “old school” way in terms of rap and hip hop…listening to Run DMC, Kool Moe Dee, and the Fat Boys during my high school years (mind you, I’m a “hair metal” kind of guy at heart, but I have a great love for hip hop music). I can’t remember the exact tweet, but I was listening to “Wipeout” and tweeted about the song using the hash tag #FatBoys. First, I was pleasantly surprised that they were even still around. Second, I was surprised as they were only following 400 or so people when they had over 34,000 followers…so that was pretty cool. Third…it’s the frickin’ Fat Boys, people!!

Bizarre Foods. I’ve been watching this show for a couple of years now. For those unaware, it’s simple in concept…Andrew Zimmern goes around the world finding the most unusual foods you’ve ever seen and eats it. The show isn’t for the squeamish, for sure…but I find the locations he visits and some of the places he goes to be quite fascinating. I’m sure I’ve tweeted about this show more than once so I guess that’s what they’re following me back.

Man vs Food. On the other side of things, I know I’ve tweeted about this show numerous times so that’s probably why they’re following me. It’s not a verified account, but the show’s star (Adam Richman) tweets it all the time so I know it’s the official show account (not that it’s a big deal or anything). If you haven’t seen this show, you should. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve felt that I needed to eat BEFORE the show so that I wouldn’t get hungry DURING it. Sure…the food challenges are a little crazy sometimes, but the food that’s sampled during the show normally looks phenomenal!

Collective Soul. The fact that this band follows a TON of people only makes this even more cool to me. Too many celebrities have too many followers so they don’t feel like following anybody back. This awesome band (one of my all-time faves) have over 200,000 followers yet still find the time to follow over 80,000 people back. I don’t know about you, but that’s a LOT of mouse clicks for somebody.


History Channel. I’m trying to remember why I tweeted about them in order for them to follow me. Now that I think about it, it really could have been one of any number of shows…Pawn Stars, Ice Road Truckers, Ax Men…but I think I tweeted about Cities of the Underworld a couple of years ago when I first started on Twitter.
So what about you?
Have you checked to see if there’s anybody interesting following you? Try it…you might be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment