Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The baby at the gas station

You are truly rad. Your friend? Not so much.

UPDATE: It’s now being reported that the mother GAVE the baby to the woman at the gas station and that the baby was never actually dumped in a bag. Let’s go ahead and add “What kind of crazy bitch fakes this story?” to the mix.

I’m gonna start with the obvious and ask, what kind of a lowlife douche abandons a baby at a damn gas station? How much crack do you have to be smoking to think that’s a good idea? I mean, why not drop the kid off at a safe place on your way to the methadone clinic?
In case you haven’t heard, some soulless person abandoned a baby at a gas station in Long Beach Monday night. Picture this. You head over to the convenience store in a sketchy part of town to buy your Lotto ticket. [You don't win if you don't play.] Suddenly you see a bag against the wall and since you’re nosy, you look inside. There’s another bag inside the first bag so you open that as well. Imagine your surprise at finding a baby with the umbilical cord still attached.
I love the fact that in the video below, the woman rats her friend out by saying the friend told her to “just leave it” and the reporter doesn’t even flinch. If I was the reporter I’m pretty sure I would have bitch slapped the friend for being straight up mean.
All kidding aside, who the hell does something like this? I mean, if you don’t want the baby take it to a church or hospital. Just because you’re some kinda disturbed doesn’t mean your child has to die. I seriously cannot envision a single scenario that would end with me dumping my baby at a gas station. I can’t envision dumping her at all, but if I had to do it I would take her to a hospital or a fire station.
I don’t know what to say other than, I don’t get it. I really don’t. My Drama Queen is everything to me. She’s partially the reason I’m greying but she’s the reason I get out of bed every morning. If you think I’m mean with that greying comment, chill. You know every parent goes bald or gets grey at the amusement of their children.
When she’s in school I worry that she’s not paying attention in class or that she didn’t study hard enough for a test. When she’s at tennis I wonder if she’s paying attention to the coach so that she can reach her goal of going from frosh/soph to JV next fall. When she’s at home I worry that she may be trying to read her Kindle instead of her science notes. We worry because we care and we care because we’re parents. And because we want our children to have good jobs so they don’t have to put is in a home someday.
I hope they find the loser who did this and I hope that person never gets out. I won’t go so far as to say they should be shanked in the yard, but I could see it happening. The baby is alive and thankfully in stable condition at a local hospital. I pray that baby gets a home with people who love it. I’m totally at a loss for words right now, so I’ll keep it short and sweet. Thank you to the lady who took the baby home and called 911. You are truly rad. Your friend? Not so much.


Watch local news video

P.S. I’m in a slightly classier neighborhood. Slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment