Monday, February 20, 2012

Diversity

I am a diverse Motherf*****

I was tweeting the other day with my friend Tara about dating and I (for some reason) said that I was a “diverse motherfucker”. Tara replied back immediately and said that I should “use the term the ‘Renaissance Man’ on your online profile. You never know who/what you’ll attract with ‘diverse motherfucker’.”
I appreciated her concern and this got me thinking about myself. I am diverse. I’m also hip, cool, rad, eclectic, horny and occasionally even sane. I’m just me. Love me for who I am or kiss my ass. It’s your call. If you’re hot, female and single I would love it if you were to kiss my ass, but that’s a whole different blog post for a different time.
Why do I consider myself diverse? I have all kinds of interests and various personalities that come out at different (and occasionally inappropriate) times. I am a dude, but still can be a gentleman. I can throw down shots with the boys on a Saturday night as we talk about scoring with chicks (or our lack of game) and I know how to handle myself in church.
I like vanilla AND chocolate. Strawberry too. There’s not much better at 2 AM than a bowl of old school Cap’n. Crunch Peanut Butter cereal. A hot fudge sundae is off the hook, but hot fudge sundae Pop-Tarts are weak. Have I ever tried one? Shit no! How do I know hot fudge sundae Pop-Tarts are weak? I just do. There are some things that a guy just knows.
I like women (and occasionally women like me) and I am in no way gay (not that there’s anything wrong with that) and I am not at all ashamed to admit that I occasionally enjoy spending a quiet evening alone on the couch sucking down (down. Not off.) Jack Daniels, Jose Cuervo or Ron Bacardi.
I dig all kinds of music. Looking at my Top 25 Most Played list on my iPod I have Foo Fighters, Linkin Park, Sublime, No Doubt, Muse, Dropkick Murphys, Michael Buble, Daughtry, Black Eyed peas, Dee-Lite, Reel Big Fish, Brian Setzer Orchestra, Dean Martin and Disturbed. What I listen to depends on my mood.
I’m not big on rap, but I’ll kick on some Snoop from time to time. Why Snoop? That’s easy cuz—me & Snoop are just a couple of gangstas. I’m not a big fan of country music, but if you threw me on a tour bus with Carrie Underwood, Faith Hill, Shania Twain (vintage Shania, not recent Shania) or Miranda Lambert, I would do my best to try and seal the deal.
I love surfing and skiing. Back in the day we used to go surfing at the Huntington Beach cliffs in the morning, come home, shower and head up to Big Bear for some night skiing. Oh to be young again and think I was cool…
The last almost 20 years I’ve been a dad first and foremost. I’m a way cool dad, but I know how to drop the hammer when I need to, I know how to drop the hammer when I’m dating, but once again, that is a different blog post for a different day.
As we come to a close boys and girls I would like to leave you with another tweet from Tara. “You do deserve a hottie, and one who will love and embrace you for the incorrigible middle-aged man you are.” What does this have to do with the rest of the blog post? Nothing really. I just like reading it and am thinking about making it my personal mantra. Your thoughts???

No comments:

Post a Comment