Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Realistic View of the Effect of Diabetes

I found out I had diabetes in 1999. I was having chest pains and had a procedure done. Through all the tests, they found the diabetes. It wasn't easy at first, changing my lifestyle, food and way of thinking; my blood sugars (glucose) are always high. I found I needed to talk with someone who has diabetes also, to share my concerns, and listen to me and to hear what they had to say. I don't think people who are not diabetic understand a lot of what we feel and go through.
I am going through depression right now, I have high blood pressure, so it is not just the diabetes I'm dealing with. I know people don't like reading stories where things are not all rosy, but the truth is, diabetes isn't rosy.
We are in a fight for our lives, to keep our sight, our limbs and our hearts healthy and watch our carb intake, and keep our blood sugar down, it's a daily fight, but I am ready and willing to keep up the good fight--to do what it takes to make a good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment