Sunday, March 6, 2011

My Teen Daughter is a Grandma

grandmaMy teen daughter is already a grandma. How can this be?
No, she hasn’t given birth to any children, let alone have children give birth to any kids. (I gave her a father daughter sex talk at an early age. I’m pretty sure she won’t get pregnanton a drucken booty call anytime soon.)
She does have her senior moment, but that’s not it either.
My teen daughter is a grandma for one simple reason – when we bought a box of See’s chocolates, she insisted on getting nothing but candies with soft centers.
WTF!?
You think I’m nuts, right? Please. I can’t even think about biting into another Dark Buttercream, Pineapple Truffle, Cocoanut Cream, or Blueberry Truffle without gagging. Where are the nuts? Where’s the caramel? Where’s the brittle? Where’s the molasses chips?
Grandmas buy chocolates with soft centers so they won’t bust a tooth. They buy soft center chocolates so when their dentures are in a glass, they can simply gum the candies down.
My daughter is a grandma. And she’s only eighteen.

No comments:

Post a Comment