Monday, June 13, 2011

Scary Ghost Vist

I woke up the other night with a scary ghost in my bedroom. Eerie, white, ghoulish, ethereal, floating over me while I lay in bed. It scared the shit out of me. I swear, this scary ghost was trying to pick me up and cart me off to who knows where.

I screamed.

Or rather, I let out a bunch of short “ah-ah-ah!” screams. Not too loud, or I’d wake my daughter.

The thing is, I never get scared in my house. Walls creak, appliances knock, and I just keep doing my thing. When I’m sleeping? Nothing bothers me. Like any good parent, I wake up at the smallest sound. I determine the source, shrug and go back to sleep. About the worst that ever happens is a raccoon or skunk comes scratching at my front door.

But this ghost was so real, so amorphous, so unidentifiable, it really did scare me. Especially since it seemed keenly interested in me.

The “ah-ah-ah!” screams weren’t frightening this scary ghost away. I realized my daughter was tucked comfortably in her bed, and she damn well could have woke up and save me. I screamed louder to get her attention.

In a way, that did the trick – the scary ghost disappeared. As for my daughter? She didn’t wake up, let alone come to my rescue. She didn’t even make a sound.

With the scary ghost gone from my room, I wondered – should I go check on my daughter?
Nah. She didn’t check on me.

I rolled over and went back to sleep.

This is a true story. I wish I had a scary ghost video to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment